Tuesday, February 19, 2013

No Intentions Can Lead to Some of the Best Discoveries

One of my favorite things to do since I've been here is just head into Rome with no intentions.

AUR doesn't offer classes on Fridays which it great! Also on Tuesdays and Thursdays I finish class at 10:30 am so I have the whole rest of the day to do whatever I want.

I usually head in to the main part of Rome on the tram and get off at the last stop that is right near the building that Caesar was murdered at. From there I usually just wander around and head over towards the Pantheon.


By the Pantheon there are all these little restaurants with outdoor patios, horse and carriages and other little shops. Today there were so many people out because the weather was so beautiful. 

I then keep on walking towards where the oldest gelateria is and towards the Trevi Fountain. It's so cool to see all of these beautiful and historical landmarks. Everyone is always taking pictures and smiling in these areas. I know this is typically where all the tourists go but I still can't get over the fact that I live less than an hour away from it all. 

Today I didn't do any shopping I just walked around. I'm trying to find my way around and get used to the area, which is part of the reason why I enjoy going in on my own sometimes.

Also I get to see all of the dogs! That is definitely one of my top favorite things about Italy!! There are so many dogs everywhere. They're allowed on the Tram, in restaurants, in stores, everywhere I have been so far there have been dogs. And for the most part they're all really friendly which is great too so i can get a little kiss on my hand. 

I'm still finding my way around Italy and figuring out different fun things to do, besides indulge in the gelato. I can't wait to go on more adventures! I have three months left here and I can't wait to be pleasantly surprised with what they have in store!

Doggie in the supermarket: 



Dog sitting in a man's lap at dinner:

Trevi Fountain 02-19-13:

Pantheon 02-19-13:

Horse and carriage rides at the Pantheon: 


No comments:

Post a Comment